The Equestrian Trail
|Name||The Equestrian Trail|
|GM / DM||Impending Doom|
|System||Fallout: Equestria PnP|
|Current Players||DVNO, Telgin, Jaxler|
|Former Players||Matt_the_indi, Khenal, Psalms|
|Current Party||Ida, Tanquin, Saihe|
"The Equestrian Trail" is a role-playing campaign set in Kkat's Fallout: Equestria universe, using the 'official' author-approved pen-and-paper ruleset. Set twenty-five years after the end of Littlepip's tale, the plot follows a small band of settlers disillusioned with life under NCR rule, who strike out on their own to make a new life for themselves in a more civilized, but no less wild Equestrian Wasteland.
Change of Ownership
Eventually, the game kind of had an explosion. After a filly exploded, Khenal quit. After he quit, Psalms stopped wanting to play, and eventually quit. After he quit everybody kind of wanted to stop playing, but kept going. The post rate suffered a terminal decline, and eventually the remaining players took over the game with the intention of resuming it and creating a coherent narrative to give the characters closure. That kind of worked for about a week.
Second Change of Ownership
Six months after all activity ceased without explanation, Telgin wrested control of the game and gave it a proper ending. At one point, this was his favorite game out of the lot, and its slow death brought him much anger, misery and woe. At times he regretted not having Ida die in a blaze of glory alongside Jade like Psalms suggested that one time, but that's the easy way out, and any way out worth experiencing is worth suffering for. Years. That's right, for years.
But that's okay. Telgin can write prose at about 100x the rate that this game dwindled to, so the ending came quickly once he gave up on the game like everyone else did.
Too bad the Bad Idea never showed up, but he/she was a bad idea anyway. It's also a shame Tanquin didn't have his brains blown out right in front of Ida, because Telgin totally had plans for if that happened.
Maybe he'll go back and add alternate endings inspired by Veronica from Fallout: New Vegas. Maybe. Not much RP happens these days to eat up his time.
S̖͓̤̬̯͍ͅo̙̼͇͙͔̣ ̀m̼̪̠̭̞͕͜a̲͉͓͘n̯̬̹̤͎̣͈y̶ ͖̹̰̮t͍̣̖̟̯͕i͔̰̟̕m̲̪͜e͏s̖ͅ.̼̦̠͍ ͏̝̮̘̪ ̴Ṣo̦͚̗̯͔̼ ̧̱m̖̖ͅa̻n̢̗̩̭̦y͚̲͖̱͈̪ ̪͙̲̦̣͓͝t̝͇̱͎͇͎̜i͍m̷̟͕̩̟͍̣͓è͔̫̰s̭̦̬ ̼́b͇̱̭u̥̻̲̘̤̲t̠ ̩̬̝̼͚i͡t͕̲ ̛̹̫̩i͙͙͖̗̭̦s̶͇̺̫̪ ͚̹͔͕͓̱͘n̮̥̲̳͉̜o̷̳̦͖̱̳t̲̞̗͔͓̦̣͝ ̧̘̱̥̰̪͚̱g̪̣̗̦͡e̞͟t͏̤̙̗̭͎͙ͅt̜̠̱̹̕i̯n͈͕̟͞g̬̩͘ ̛̙͇̫̙̣t̗͉̜͖͇o͇̩̣̘͓̝͝ ̣m̞e̷.͖̫͙͈́
̡̙̤̥̞̺̮̰I̯̠̠̳̫͟ͅt̢̮̝ͅ ̵i̼̭̲̰s͕̱͎ͅ ͔t̙͍̻͍̪͕̲o̝̬͈͚͍o̖ l͓̲͕͚͈͉͕͠a̭ͅṱ͘ẹ̺̟̳͉.͚̦ ̲͙̹̟̙̥ ͜T̼͍̫̻ḩ̞i̻̜̮̣̙s̴̘̫̦̼͎̞̖ ͞e̝̟̰̦̮n͈̲̪̪̭͠d͏̘͕̬̹̪̳ͅs̼̦͘ ̘̹̙̫̪so̜̞͝o̮n͕̫.̤
Just Give Up
Eventually, Telgin wrote and posted an ending, somewhere around 8 months after the last post. Sadly, literally nobody else will ever read it, or likely even this.
Required Reading List
Yes, you read right: This PnP game comes with homework. Expect to see events, places, and characters from any of the below referenced or visited at some point during this game.
- Fallout: Equestria - The original, by Kkat. If you haven't read this cover-to-cover, I have no idea how you even got here and you should expect to be totally lost.
- Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons - By Somber. Among the best-known (and longest) Fallout: Equestria side stories. Please note that talking shit about Blackjack in the GM's earshot may result in sudden and unannounced abundance of cyber-manticores.
- Fallout Equestria: Murky Number Seven - By Fuzzy. Another wildly popular sidefic, easily surpassing even the original.
- Fallout Equestria: Anywhere But Here and its prequel Odds and Ends - By Stonershy and Pacce, respectively. Massively unsafe for work in every sense of the word, but undoubtedly high-quality.
- Fallout Equestria: Longtalons - By Telgin. Written by one of the players. Which I guess makes it a fanfic of a fanfic of a fanfic. But it's very slow to update and doesn't really matter.